[Sticky] Help Shape Our Posts in Progress
In writing yesterday's post, I was inspired to challenge myself, and you, to saving or earning an additional million cents within 1 year.
If we are successful, we will each have made an extra $10,000. (TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!)
- Cents Saved/Earned will be a new metric added to relevant posts.
- Cents saved can either be actual cents saved or a conservative calculation of expected cents to be saved in a 1 year period. If a calculation is used, the score must be adjusted, updated or changed if any of the underlying assumptions change.
- Cents saved will be normalized to add back taxes theoretically paid if it were income, and earnings will be reduced by a typical tax rate in this calculation.
- The idea behind adding back taxes to savings is that savings that are not taxable are worth more, and post-tax earnings are worth less.
- Cents Score will be also be added to relevant posts. The Cents Score is the total amount of pennies saved to-date in the road to a milly.
Cents Score: ______